Home Air Test
Sometimes it’s what you don’t know that can hurt you.
Whether you are looking to buy a home or sell one, you want to make sure the air in the home is safe to breathe. A Home Air Check Professional test measures and reports on the air in the home for chemicals and hidden mold that could be detrimental to your health or that could cost you thousands of dollars to remediate if left undetected.
Indoor air can be more seriously polluted than outdoor air, even in the largest and most industrialized cities. People spend about 90% of their time indoors, so for many, health risks may be greater due to exposure to indoor air pollution. (Source: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission)
Home air quality is a growing health issue throughout the nation. Homeowners and potential home buyers are concerned about what airborne contaminants could be present in their homes. Many states and lending institutions now recommend that a Home Air Quality Audit be performed during a residential property sale. Home Air Check™ Professional is an effective, economical tool for you to use in your business to monitor a home for chemicals in the air and actively growing mold (not the presence of mold spores).
An Action Plan to Improve Indoor Air Quality:
Performed by a Home Inspector or other service professional prior to a property sale, a Home Air Check Professional test is the only composite home air quality assessment available today. It monitors for hundreds of chemicals in the air (called Volatile Organic Compounds or VOCs) and active mold growth with a single air sample. It not only reports on the total levels of VOCs and mold present in the home, but it also identifies the potential sources of air pollutants (e.g. paint, adhesives, flooring, cabinets, heating fuel, dead animals, and hundreds of other products & materials that emit gases into the air) giving you actionable information on the steps necessary to improve the air quality – before the sale.
Okay, to break it down simple and easy.
Why you should test home air quality with Home Air Check Professional:
- Composite home air quality assessment
- Monitors for hundreds of VOCs and hidden mold with single air sample
- Identifies air pollutants that could or are making you sick
- Helps answer “What’s in the air?”
- Identifies solvents possibly used by former meth labs
- Identifies sulfur compounds found in contaminated Chinese drywall
- Formaldehyde test available (additional charge)
Why to have the sample collected by a home inspector or an indoor air service professional:
- Convenient - sample can be taken during Home Inspection
- Home inspector/service professionals handles all paperwork and shipping
- Delivered back to you within a few days of testing
- Recommendations and referrals are given to improve air quality
- Clear and concise analysis reports
- Predicts VOC sources giving you an action plan
- Low cost/economical testing - It costs less than mold spore testing!
- 2-for-1 air quality assessments: Total VOCs and active mold growth levels
- Detailed chemical analysis available if VOC levels are excessive (additional cost)
Interested in learning more about what the Indoor Air Quailty Test is or the benefits of testing? Read more here! (There's even a video at the end -- could be worth it.)