Insight offers a wide range of BPI approved Continuing Education Units. Our CEU classes will prepare you and your staff to recertify and maintain your professional certification. Our trainings are good for contractors, HVAC, Home Inspectors, realtors and homeowners who are interested in earning continuing education credits or simply learning more about homes. We offer a wide variety of courses throughout the Chicagoland area.
The Building Science Training Series draws upon local and reginoal experts to impart specific technical skills to local contractors. The courses address topics that have been identified as relevant for Illinois contractors in order to prepare them for quality whole-home energy upgrade work and participation in the Illinois Home Performance Program. This series is made possible through funding from the Illinois Energy and Recycling Office at the Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity.
- 6 Months is the earliest you can apply for recertification before it expires.
- According to BPI, field exams take up to 6 Weeks to process. If you have to take a field exam, schedule it more than 6 weeks before your certification expires.
- Don't have 6 Weeks? If you have to take a field exam to rectify, BPI may not be able to process your field exam before your certification expires. However, as long as you take and pass the field exam before the expiration date, your certification will be retroactively continuous.
- Any Continuing Education Units (CEU's) need to be submitted to BPI at least 1 Month before your certification expires.
Individuals with more than 3,000 hours of applicable field experience from the last 3 years prior to recertification may not have to retake the field exam.
Individuals with more than 30 CEU's approved by BPI do not have to take the written exam.
Do I have to take the Recertification Field Exam?
You do not have to take the recertification field exam if you are one of these four groups:
- Practitioners with more than 3,000 hours of experience within 3 years prior to recertification
- Professionals recertifying for the 3rd time.
- Recognized industry experts.
Complete the Practitioner and Trainer Verification of Experience if you are in one of these exempt groups.
Click here to schedule a BPI Recertification Field Exam if it would be easier and you prefer to take the field exam OR you do not fall into an exempt group.
Do I have to take the Written Exam?
You may not have to take the written exam if you have enough BPI approved Continuing Education Units (CEU's). Read BPI's Continuing Education Units Policy's to determine requirements you need to recertify.
- You do not have to take the written exam if you have 30 or more BPI approved CEU's.
- If you have 10-29 BPI approved CEU's you must take and pass a 50-question online exam for each recertification designation.
- Those with 9 or less BPI approved CEU's you must take and pass a 100-question online exam for the first designation and a 50-question online exam for each additional designation.
When do my Continuing Education Units expire?
Continuing Education Units expire 3 years after they are earned. CEU's can also be earned for 2 of the same training sessions. You cannot earn CEU's for the same session taken more than 2 times in a certification cycle.
Contractor Training, Realtor Training, HVAC training are available in the following areas: Naperville, Lisle, Eola, Downers Grove, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Warrenville, Oak Brook, Woodridge, Dariend, Hinsdale, Bolingbrook, Burridge, Lemont, Palisades, Homer Glen, Fairmont, Crest Hill, Lock Port, Romeoville, Plainfield, Oswego, Montgomery, Aurora, North Aurora, Mooseheart, Batavia, Geneva, St. Charles, Sugar Grove, Wenmoth, Windenoak, Elburn, Campton Hills, Wildrose, South Elgin, Williamsburg Green, West Highland Acres, Barrington Hills, Barrington, Sutton, South Barrington, Streamwood, Bartlett, Wayne, Bloomingdale, Keenyville, Roselle, Schamburg, Hoffman Estates, Palatine, Mt. Prospect, Desplaines Blue Service Prices include the following cities: Wheeling, North Brook, Buffalo Grove, Long Grove, Lake Zurich, Hawthorne Woods, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Riverwoods, Deerfield, Highland Park, Lake Forest, Sylvan Lake, Mundelein, Liberyville, Green Oaks, Ivanhoe, North Chicago, McHenry, Crystal Lake, Volo, Huntley, Algonquin, Carpentersville, West Dundee, Pingrove, Woodstock, Union, Marengo, Riley, Genoa, Kingston, Sycamore, DeKalb, Hampshire, Burlington, Cortland, Maple Park, Hinckley, Big Rock, Plano, Sandwhich, Leland, Baker, Serena, Libson, Stavengar, Lisbon, Morris, Seneca, Coal City